............ Have a nice day............

Saturday 10 May 2014

Send Free International SMS From Your Browser


sms

Here’s a service that clearly recognizes how many of us older folk can struggle with some of the modern technologies – (although I seriously doubt that is the primary motivation behind it). I own one of those unfashionable type cell phones that still rely on a numeric keypad to input text for SMS. You know the ones, where groups of letters are associated with the number keys and selection depends on how many times you hit a specific key. It takes me ages to input any kind of decipherable message, although much of that can be put down to my own ineptitude. And don’t even start me on special characters, punctuation marks, line breaks, etc., I have no idea where to find those.
If that sounds a little like you, or you would appreciate the convenience of sending free text messages to just about anywhere in the World via your browser, then you may be interested in checking out the service provided by “AFreeSms.com“.

AFreeSms.com – Usage

afreesmsbanner


The AFreeSms service is 100% free, supports all major languages, and more than 640 mobile service providers worldwide. Because AFreeSms is an online service it can be accessed from any device running a browser, including smartphones and PCs. Registration is not required, just pop along to the site and start sending messages.
Select an area from the map provided (a full list of supported countries is available by clicking on the Global Coverage link in the main menu):
afreesms - map
CrashPlan - The only true protection against data loss
I chose Oceania, mainly because I wanted to check the results on my own phone first. Next, you will be able to select from a list of countries relative to the area you clicked on:
afreesms - countires
After clicking on your country of choice, just follow the simple steps to send your message:
afreesms - send message
  1. Type in the recipient’s mobile phone number
  2. Type in your message
  3. Type in the verification code
  4. Click on the Send button
That’s all there is to it. I sent a test SMS to my own cell phone plus another to the wife’s, both arrived soon after sending, and perfectly legible… which was a bit of a turn up for me. It’s so much easier when using a proper keyboard.

AFreeSms – Final Words

I guess some of the conspiracy theorists may be concerned that this could also be an exercise in mobile number farming. It’s difficult to actually verify any misgivings one way or the other. The site is rated Green by WOT, which is often a good guideline, particularly as far as ethics is concerned, it doesn’t take too much for WOT to rate a site negatively. It is also rated Green by PCTools BrowserDefender, which suggests that the site is malware free.
However, I do advise prospective users to read through the FAQ section, which includes the following:
Can I send spam or unsolicited SMS?
WE DO NOT ALLOW any unsolicited SMS, spam or illegal sms from our site. AFreeSMS.com is tracking every single user who uses this free serviceThis means that all transactions are recorded and will be use against who violate and abuse the service.
Until I hear or read anything to the contrary, I’m prepared to accept that the service is above board. I can’t wait to dazzle my offspring with my new found talent – this one is definitely going into my store of bookmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment