............ Have a nice day............

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Facebook Privacy Settings

The question I’m asked most about Facebook is, “who can view my information.” If you haven’t changed the default settings on Facebook the answer is that everyone can see all of your information. They can’t change it but they can access your timeline and pictures and see who your friends are. If you are troubled by this, let me tell you where you can change these default settings.

 Because Facebook has been criticized in the past for making these settings hard to find, they have added a privacy icon that is available to you all the time in the upper right side of your Facebook screen. Click the privacy lock and you’ll see Privacy Shortcuts such as: Who can see my stuff? Who can contact me? and How do I stop someone from bothering me? Click on the down arrow to adjust these settings. For more settings click the See More Settings at the bottom of the pull down list.

Setting most things to “Friends” will prevent anyone who isn’t your friend from seeing the information. It is a good practice to review these settings periodically because the Facebook people are known to change the defaults periodically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment